- In the center of the 5th level, you will find a large seal that needs to be opened to reach the next level. Around the seal are three pedestals each requiring a key.
- In the northwest part of the level you will find the Globe Machine. Push any of the coloured buttons and you will receive a globe of the same colour. However, enemies will also appear each time you press one of the buttons. Place one globe of each colour in the container of the same colour surrounding the Globe Machine and you will receive the Mind Key.
- At the south end of the area you will meet a Helmite Ghost who will give you a key to the final gate, only after you have completed the three challenges in the guantlet.
- In the first room going counter-clockwise, you will have to fight a horde of orcs. New ones will continually appear to replace those that you kill so you need patience to defeat them all. When the last orc is dead, the Helmite Ghost will appear and congratulate you on your success.
- In the second room, you will have to face a fearsome dragon. Make sure you take the Warrior's Skull from its body after you have killed it.
- In the last challenge room, you will meet an imp who will ask you a riddle. Give the correct answer 'seven' to proceed. Next, you will play a game of 11 coins with him and the person who takes the last coin loses. Begin by taking 2 coins. If the imp takes 1 coin, take 3, if 2 coins, then take 2, and if he takes 1 coin, take 3, so that there are five coins left over, and you will be the winner.
- Return to the Helmite Ghost after you have completed the three challenges and he will give you the Heart Key.
- Place the Warrior's Skull on the Spirit Altar in the northeast side of the area. You will find yourself in an old-style, text-based, adventure game.
- First go east and attack the goblin.
- Go east again and when you approach the chest, a skeleton will attack you. Defeat the skeleton and take the Wand of Missiles from the chest.
- Go north and attack the war dog. Search the room to find a key and a potion which will restore some of your HPs.
- Go west and search the room to find a scroll with a picture of a gibberling on it.
- Go west again. Ignore the fountain and go north. Defeat the ghost and then take the magical helm from the chest.
- Now go east twice and approach the desk. The deadly toxins will have no affect on your warrior. Inside the desk, you will find a pair of bracers.
- Go north and use the scroll with the picture of a gibberling on it to scare away the gibberling.
- Go west and use the key to open the chest. Inside you will find a potion which will heal you greatly.
- Pass through the arch and enter the crypt. Use the Wand of Missiles on the mummy and then attack it. Once you have defeated the mummy, your spirit will return to its body and you will find the Spirit Key in your possession.
- Click on each of the pedestals surrounding the final seal in the center of the area to insert each of the three keys. Click on each pedestal again to turn the key and you will be attacked by enemies.
- Once you have turned all the keys, turn the wheel next to the seal to open the portal to the crypt of the Imprisoned One.
- The Imprisoned One will speak to you as soon as you appear on the 6th level of Watcher's Keep. He will tell you that you have been tricked by false Helmites and that when you read the Ritual Scroll, you will trapped inside along with the him.
- You now have three options. First, you can believe the Imprisoned One and agree to help him get revenge on Odren. Second, you could tell the Imprisoned on to reveal himself so that you can destroy him. He will reveal himself as the Demogorgon, prince of demons and will attack you. The third choise is to read the scroll anyway. After you have read it, you will find that the Imprisoned One was telling the truth and that you are trapped. Speak to it again and agree to help it get its revenge and it will open a portal out.
- Enter the portal on the right in the north end of the area to exit Watcher's Keep.
- Speak to Odren at the top of Watcher's Keep by the entrance. If you had killed the Demogorgon, he will tell you that you only freed it to the Abyss, though it won't be able to cause havoc on the Material Realm. If you didn't kill it, you can choose to tell Odren the truth, or you can lie to him, so that he and the other Helmites enter Watcher's Keep. If you had read the Ritual Scroll inside and tell Odren the truth, he will ask for your forgiveness and he and the other Helmites will go on a pilgrimage to atone for their mistake.
- If Odren entered Watcher's Keep, a Ghostly Apparition will appear and ask for your help. You again have three options. First, you can just walk away from the situation. However, that is a cowards way out. You could read the scroll she gives you and Odren and the Demogorgon will both be trapped inside. Your final option is to go back into Watcher's Keep and destroy the Demogorgon. Odren will not survive however, and will ask for your forgiveness with his dying breath.
Betrayal at the Gates
72000 ex., 2000 gold
- Enter the Militia headquarters in Saradush and you will witness a pseudo-trial, where the Countess Santele will accuse a young man named Mateo of opening the gates for the enemy and the young man will be taken away into the prison.
- Speak to Captain Samand and he will be able to tell you more about the situation including his suspicions. He will allow you to investigate the matter yourself and will open the door to the prison for you.
- Enter the prison and speak to Mateo. He will suggest you speak to the Countess to determine why she accused him of the deed.
- Enter Countess Santele's house and speak with her. She will tell you that Kiser Jhaeri kidnapped her son and threatened her with his life so that she would accuse Mateo of opening the gate. She will ask you to speak to Kiser.
- Speak to Kiser in his home. He will admit that he kidnapped Ardic, but he will claim that the wizard Errard is the true culprit. He will demand that you kill Errard or else he will kill Mateo.
- Tell Kiser's demands to the Countess and she will plead with you not to kill Errard, since he is a good man. She will advise you to ask him how to free her son, instead.
- Speak to Errard on the town walls and explain the situation to him. He will cast a divination spell which will reveal that Ardic is being held in Kiser's house.
- Return to Kiser's house and descend to the basement where you will be attacked by Kiser and his guards. Once you have defeated him, enter the secret passage behind the walls and speak to Ardic, who will return home to his mother.
- Return to the Countess one last time to receive your reward.
Lazarus' Missing Spellbook
- Lazarus in the Arcana Archives in Saradush will complain that his spellbook has been stolen. He suspects Hectan as the thief.
- Speak to Hectan in the tavern and he will claim that he has a solid alibi -- he was drinking in the tavern all night.
- Ask the boy Squip, just outside of the Arcana Archives, about the spellbook. Either threaten him or give him 5 gold and he will tell you that he stole the spellbook for Hectan.
- Question Hectan again in the tavern. He will admit he stole that spellbook, but will only give it back in exhange for one of Lazarus' teleportation scrolls.
- Speak to Lazarus again and he will give you a teleport scroll.
- Give the teleport scroll to Hectan and he will give you Lazarus' spellbook.
- Return the spellbook to Lazarus and you will be able to purchase spells from him.
The Ghostly Apparition
Bronze Ioun Stone
- On the east side of the Underground Prison, you will be met by a ghostly apparition that will hold its head in agony. Take the skull from the chest nearby.
- Later on, you will meet the apparition again and it will point to its neck. In a nearby cell, you will find a rusted amulet.
- Put the skull and the rusted amulet in the cell next door and the apparition will appear again, asking you to sanctify his grave.
- If you have any Elven Holy Water on you, you will use it to sanctify his grave and the apparition will take you to a cell in which you will find the Bronze Ioun Stone.
The Graveyard Lich
- In the tavern in Amkethran, Marlowe will approach your party and ask for your help. He will ask you to meet him in his house at the top of the cliff.
- Enter the house just southeast of the tavern and climb the ladder to get onto the roofs. Climb over the roofs to get to the cliff in the northeast.
- Marlowe will speak to you inside his home. He will explain that a lich has stolen his daughter's soul and is residing in the graveyard.
- Speak to the monk outside the Cave of the Dead and he will open the seal for you so that you can enter.
- The lich Vongoethe will appear in the middle of the room. He will tell you about the deal he made with Marlowe and will agree to give you the girl's soul if you bring Marlowe to him. If you refuse and attack him, Marlowe will be saved, but his daughter will die.
- Speak to Marlowe in his home again and explain the situation to him. He will go with you willingly.
- Vongoethe will give you Malla's Soul Stone and then prepare to take Marlowe's soul. You can either let the lich take his soul, or you can interfere and attack the lich.
- If you did not interfere, leave the Cave of the Dead and go to Marlowe's home. Use Malla's Soul Stone to bring her back to life.
- If you did interfere, speak to Marlowe after the battle and give him Malla's Soul Stone. You will recieve more experience doing it this way.